It’s back again… The York Heritage Quilters Guild T.G.I.F. Awards! A fun and friendly competition open to members of our guild. If you are of those people who always starts a quilting project, focuses on it until it is quickly completed, you may not have a UFO lurking amid your fabric stash. But for the rest of us who are mired in UFO’s, here is an incentive to complete one of them!
Extra points to you for having a quilt ready to enter in the Celebration of Quilts to be held in November 2017!! We are hoping to see a lot of new quilts courtesy of this competition.
Criteria are as follows:
- One quilt per member, any size
- The quilt must have been started before January 2016
- Submit a picture of the quilt in its current, unfinished stage (maybe a pile of blocks or a pile of patches. Or some appliquéd bits or perhaps a completed top needing binding or quilting)
- Write a short note explaining why it became a UFO in the first place
- Pledge to finish it by sending in the pledge form [click here to open it] and remember to include a photo of your work in progress
- Deadline for pledges/entries- Jan 31, 2017
- No applications accepted after January 31st 2017
- Bring the finished quilt to the May 2017 annual meeting
Completed quilts will be displayed at the York Heritage annual Meeting in May, 2017 and those present will vote for viewer’s choice as well as a variety of categories (yet to be revealed). Entries can qualify for more than one category. Winners in each category will receive a York Heritage T.G.I.F. Award.
So, dig out the UFO, photograph it in its current stage and bring it with the entry form to the October, November or January meetings, or mail it to:
Donnaleen Vlossak, 4 Tanburn Place, Don Mills, M3A 1X5
If you wish to email your form and photo, please email it to our president Laurissa: email@example.com , and she will re-direct it.
You have 6 months to complete it and then bask in the admiration (and envy) of your fellow guild members.
Keep posted for further enticements!!
Last year we were challenged to “Make It Modern”, using our old stash.. here is what our members came up with!