The next meeting of the
York Heritage Quilters Guild meeting
Is Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Doors open at 6 p.m. Meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Speaker of the month: Terry Aske – Trunk Show. Terry will share her contemporary style, including art quilts and modern/abstract quilts.
- Hyggeligt Fabrics – our vendor for the March 19th meeting! Chantal will have fabrics from the new Fall 2018 Kaffe Fassett collection, Liberty of London Fabrics and Katia fabrics and patterns from Europe
- Bring your quilts for Show and Share
- Sign up for a workshop in March or April – there’s a new free motion workshop in April, by Cindy Grisdela!
- Pick up information about the 2019 Guild Challenge – 40 & Fabulous (if you have not already done so)
- Visit the library – open from 6 p.m. to 6:50 p.m.
- bring in your finished Quilts of Valour Blocks for Judy Messenger
It’s time to think about membership renewals! The renewal form is attached to your March newsletter. There will be a prize draw for members who renew early!
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve found a candidate for next year’s Newsletter Editor position….but we’re still searching for a Secretary. E-mail Irena Hopper or Anne McLauchlan, or speak to one of them at the meeting if you’re interest in this position.
See you on Tuesday
Hi there fellow quilt enthusiasts –
Another month, another newsletter!
Here is your edition of the March March newsletter, full of all the latest news to fuel your quilting passion. It is now posted on your webpage!
You will also see that the updated Membership renewal form is in the newsletter as well as on the webpage, renew early!
Our next meeting will feature home-grown talent –Terry Aske from Vancouver – on Tuesday, March 19. Terry says,”My goal is to continue to evolve as an artist, exploring new subject matter and techniques in my art quilts.”
It’s sure to be an inspiring evening.
On a side note from web page would like to wish everyone a Happy National Quilters Month! What better way to celebrate then signing up for one of our workshops gallivant through Ontario and support other quilt guilds by visiting their shows.
This weekend is Kindred Hearts!
Dear members –
Spaces are still available for our March and April workshops. Learn a new skill, connect with other guild members and enjoy a wonderful quilt oriented day! More information regarding the workshops can be found on our website at http://www.yhqg.org.
In March, Terry Aske (www.terryaskeartquilts.com) workshops are:
On Tuesday, March 19th, you can create a quilted pet portrait from you own photo, or you can use Terry’s Border Collie pattern.
On Wednesday March 20th, the workshop is “Architectural Art Quilt from Photos”
In April, Cindy Grisdela (www.cindygrisdela.com) workshops are:
On Tuesday April 16th the workshop is “Focus on the Improv Block”
On Wednesday, April 17th there are two half day workshops. In the morning from 9-noon, you can sign up for “Take the Fear out of Curved Piecing” and in the afternoon from 1 til 4 we have a new workshop – “Free Motion Quilting”
To sign up, please contact Leslie Batt or Donnaleen Vlossak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see photos below for our Jan 2019 first meeting what great highlights to share!
I will upload the pictures but for now here is the link to view the show and share.
Hello York Heritage Members,
The new year is either creeping up on you or it is speeding by quickly either way take a moment grab your favorite cheer and enjoy our January 2019 Newsletter it is posted get caught up on what is happening in 2019!
I am not sure if you aware CQA is having a BOW starting Jan 15, 2019 click on BOW and you will see all the information we are well represented by CQA so to show appreciation it would be great to start this project for support!
See you in 2019!
York Heritage Quilters Guild Meeting: Tuesday November 20, 2018
Doors will open at 600 pm and meeting will start at 700 pm.
Speaker of the Month: Bethany Garner-“My Journey at Art Quilting a short walk away from Traditional
- YHQG Annual Members Holiday Sales-start your holiday shopping!
- Library “Bargain Book Sale”
- Special Fabric Sale-fabric from Camille Remme , a former president of YHQG author of many wonderful quilting books. Camille has donated beautiful fabric to the guild as her fragile health has rendered her unable to quilt. It is her wish that proceeds go to CQ.
- CQ will also have lengths of fabric for sale.
- #PROJECTSACHET hand crafted Lavender Sachet will be available 100% of all proceeds go to women’s mental health.
You can also:
- Drop off your quilt for Nonina’s Table at CQ. They are also accepting donations of personal care products, and other new items (details please see the newsletter)
- Bring your quilts for Show and Share
- Sign up for a workshop
- Visit the library opened from 600 pm-650pm
Our meeting is at the Toronto Botanical Garden 777 Lawrence Avenue East (at Leslie)
See you Tuesday,
Can you believe we are already in November where is the time going? Just imagine if you volunteered for any of the open positions time would go just as fast (half the year already over) and you would feel good knowing you did your part in keeping our guild active.
Our November newsletter is up so take a look at the excitement our executive has for us. My favorite is always the guild sales! We have workshops to sign up for and a list of who is coming in 2019
Saturday Nov 10 is the post card workshop and there are still a few openings best way to get your President’s Challenge well on its way.
Workshops with our guest speakers are listed to remind you of what is coming up quickly! did you see the pictures from Karen Kay Buckley’s visit
Hope you have been stitching so that we can see more of that wonderful Show and share, did you happen to view the items of our last meeting on the web page?