Recent Website Changes
A number of changes have been made to the YHQG Website – below is a summary of changes made to various pages:
- Home (Landing Page) – This new page lists upcoming Meetings, Workshops and/or Initiatives
- The previous Landing Page has been moved and the contents is now available under the “Journal” tab of the main menu
- Meeting Highlights – has a summary of the previous meetings of the Guild, including the Show and Share portion. Going forward “Show and Share” will no longer be included under the “Display and Competition” tab.
- The YHQG Community Outreach page has undergone a number of changes. The main page describes Community Outreach and ways to participate in Community Outreach.
- A new subpage has been added “Community Quilting – Quilt Donation“. This page displays the quilts that have been donated to Community Quilting by YH members. You can access this page by hovering your mouse over the Community Outreach menu item or by clicking in the “donation of quilts” link on the Community Outreach page
- A second subpage under Community Outreach (Recipient Organizations) now describes where all the wonderful quilts donated to Community Outreach are going. Each organization listed has a link to connect to their webpage.
- And finally, a page has been added to describe special projects of Community Outreach (Flags of Hope Project)
- Speakers and Workshops lists the upcoming Meeting Speakers and Workshops for the current Fall/Winter season.
- A subpage (Past Workshops) has been added to describe all previous workshops.
Tuesday February 22nd – Brandy Maslowski – Healing Stitches
Please visit our Speakers and Workshops page for more information
Nonnina’s Table will once more be organizing gift baskets at Christmas. CQ has prepared kits for kid’s quilts (tops, batting and backing) and they are available from the five locations around the city. There is plenty of time – 10 weeks!!! – for members to complete a quilt for one of the gift baskets.
Nonnina’s Table Donations:
- Comfort Quilts for children and adults, non gender specific preferred
- Toiletries/personal care products
- New socks, new underwear
- Grocery Gift cards
- Mail cheques payable to Scadding Court Community Centre to Joan Yim at 1252 Greenwood Crescent, Oakville, ON, L6J 6W5 (include your name & address for tax receipt purposes)
- Donate on-line at scaddingcourt.org and indicate that the funds are for Nonnina’s table
Next Meeting – January 18, 2022
Notice of Annual General Meeting of Members
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an annual meeting of members of the YORK HERITAGE QUILTERS GUILD (the “Corporation”) will be held virtually on January 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm (Toronto time) for the following purposes.
1. To elect directors.
2. To receive and consider the financial statements of the Corporation for the financial year ended June 30, 2020, together with the report of the accountant thereon.
3. To appoint the accountant of the Corporation and to authorize the directors to fix the remuneration of the accountant.
4. To elect officers.
5. To confirm past acts.
6. To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
International Quilting Day
International Quilting Day Registration Has Gone Live!
The Planning Team for International Quilting Day 2022 has:
- Published the schedule for an exciting day of quilting education;
- Opened the Virtual Quilt Show submission system; and
- Opened registration for the big day!
We’ve kept your favourite parts of last year’s event: an amazing line up of speakers; the Virtual Quilt Show; a vendor showcase and door prizes! This year, we’ve added a lively feature presentation with Meg Cox, from the International Quilt Museum.
This event is a collaboration by Royal City Quilters’ Guild, York Heritage Quilters Guild, and Waterloo County Quilters’ Guild, and is free to all members of those guilds. People who are not members of one of the sponsoring guilds can participate upon payment of a $20 fee.
Unlike last year, you don’t need to register for individual sessions; you can drop into whatever sessions you want to. You just need to register for the day.
Check out programs and sessions for International Quilting Day